We are the most trusted Pediatric Dentist in Santa Clarita!
As a parent, you want to ensure that your child is healthy and happy in every way possible. One critical aspect of your child’s health is their dental health. Maintaining healthy teeth and gums is essential for children, not just for their immediate well-being, but also for their long-term overall health.
- Promotes Proper Nutrition: Children who have healthy teeth and gums are better able to chew their food, which can help them absorb essential nutrients and promote better overall nutrition.
- Prevents Tooth Decay: Keeping your child’s teeth and gums clean and healthy can prevent the onset of tooth decay and cavities. This can save your child from painful dental procedures in the future.
- Builds Confidence: A beautiful, healthy smile can boost your child’s self-confidence and help them feel more comfortable in social situations.
- Enhances Speech Development: Healthy teeth and gums play a crucial role in speech development. Children with healthy teeth and gums are better able to pronounce words and sound correctly – which can help them communicate more effectively.
- Improves Overall Health: Poor dental health can lead to a range of health problems, including infections, inflammation, and even heart disease. Keeping your child’s teeth and gums healthy can improve their overall health and well-being.
How can Pediatric Dentistry help my children?
Pediatric dentistry is a dental specialty that works to prevent, diagnose, and treat oral health problems in children. Pediatric dentists have special training that allows them to provide comprehensive care for both primary (baby) and permanent teeth.
In addition, pediatric dentistry provides educational information. Taking your child to the dentist at an early age is a great way to establish good oral hygiene for life.
What Services Are Included In Pediatric Dentistry?
At what age should my child first visit the dentist?
It is important that your child have their first dental visit at 12 months of age, or within 6 months of their first tooth showing. The professionals at Skyline Smiles will provide you with information regarding dental care and future appointments.
At what age should you stop seeing a pediatric dentist?
You can continue to see a pediatric dentist all throughout your early adolescent years. Even though pediatric dentists are trained and educated on general dentistry in addition to specializing in pediatric dentistry, pediatric dentistry focuses on dental services for babies, children, adolescents, and individuals with special needs.
A pediatric dentist focuses on providing dental services for children’s primary teeth, also known as milk teeth or baby teeth, as well as services for adolescent oral development dental matters. Although children’s adult teeth are typically formed between the ages of 12-14, they can continue seeing a pediatric dentist throughout their early adolescent years (normally till around the age of 18).
How often should I schedule a pediatric dentistry appointment?
Skyline Smiles recommends you schedule a pediatric dentistry appointment for your child every six months. This applies even if your child’s teeth and gums appear relatively healthy.
Gum disease and cavities don’t always have obvious side effects. Regular checkups can detect these and other problems when they respond best to treatment.
Smile Today! Your Smile Journey Starts Here
Contact Us Today!
"*" indicates required fields